Vacancy: Assistant Accountant (Full time 40 hours: Monday to Friday)
Position: 1 position 2 staffs
Direct Accountable to: Head of Finance & Administration
Remuneration: Starting salary will be set in the range of USD 300 per month (paid out in Riels) including taxes excluding benefits, depending on experience;
Are you an Accountant with experience in a Non-Profit Organisation? Do you have accounting experience using Quickbooks, Maybe you can work with us as Assistant Accountant. Please send an email to email@example.com.
Background: As a Cambodian NGO, MoPoTsyo Patient Information Centre is reaching more and more diabetes and high blood pressure patients helping public hospitals and health centers deliver medical services through our peer educator networks in 20 districts in 8 provinces in Cambodia. More than 200 peer educators report via patient-network leaders to our Program Department on their activities. More than 18,000 patients are actively using this chronic care system at a cost that is as low as possible to sustain itself as a not for profit NGO. Our Finance-Administration Departments needs a junior accountant to join the team.
Location: At MoPoTsyo Office, # 9E, Street 3C, Phum Trea 1, Stung Meanchey 1, Phnom Penh
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Preparing payment voucher and cash advance (expenditure and staff advance)
- Monthly preparing list of staff’s salaries, ODPM and Peers.
- Responsible for NSSF and return tax on salary to bank.
- Preparing receipt voucher and payment voucher and posting in QuickBooks.
- Check monthly peer educator expenses report.
- Monthly check bank’s statement with QuickBook system.
- Responsible for making E-banking transfers.
- Check all requests from each department and proceed to admin and finance department and executive director.
- Assist the Deputy of Finance in documentation and filing.
- Perform accounting functions as requested by Deputy of Finance.
- Help preparing receipt vouchers (RV), payment voucher (PV) and adjustment journal voucher then posting in QuickBooks.
- Any work that needs to be accomplished properly and timely.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- Khmer national and must live in Phnom Penh.
- Good working knowledge of Khmer and English.
- At least 1 year of professional experience as employed accountant.
- Well-organized, systematic, procedural and accurate, but fast and friendly.
- Excellent skills in computer (Ms Word, Excel, Internet-Email, Unicode, basic knowledge of accounting and reporting software is an advantage).
- Basic administration skills.
- Being an honest and respectable person.
- Ready to travel to project field as required by the work.
- Can work well with people who have little formal education.
- Never mixes any Cambodian politics or religion or discrimination into the work for MoPoTsyo.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to work in a flexible schedule, work in week-ends, on Sundays, make over time, return home after sunset occasionally when the work requires it
Additional condition: Females and persons with Diabetes or other Non-communicable Chronic Disease are encouraged to apply.
The application form is available for download:download