Head of Finance
Who we are:
MoPoTsyo is a medium-size Cambodian not-for-profit NGO working in the health sector since 2005 with a focus on chronic diseases, in particular Diabetes and its associated disorders. Over the years, the NGO has become mostly self-financing through small contributions by thousands of its members who are registered patients living with chronic disease in poor or rural areas. It is for them that MoPoTsyo is active not just inside their communities but also inside public health facilities in close cooperation with government staff using “an innovative model of revolving financing” of imported bulk low-cost generic medicines, medical materials, laboratory services, medical consultations and follow-up services by hundreds of trained community-based patient-volunteers that benefit another more than 23,000 members with diabetes and high blood pressure. Thanks to its unique approach, the NGO steadily grows while implementing Cambodia’s (Ministry of Health) National Strategic Plan for Prevention and Control of Diabetes and Hypertension. MoPoTsyo implements these activities through a Memorandum of Agreement with Ministry of Health each time in periods of 3 years (2021 – 2023).
The Head of Finance leads MoPoTsyo’s Finance Department with 3 full-time accountants. As Head of Finance you will play a key role in partnering with the senior leadership team in strategic decision making and ensuring the NGO’s operations are financed according to plan, remain transparent, effective and efficient, complying with the established Financial policies while MoPoTsyo undertakes new initiatives to improve further its modes of implementation of Peer Educator networks for Diabetes and High Blood Pressure in the public services and while MoPoTsyo expands them from 9 to 12 provinces within the given time frame, despite the onset of COVID19. The Head of Finance helps plan for the 3-year extension beyond 2023 in consultation with other members of the management.
The person must be hands-on and participative, leading in management and development of internal systems in the following areas: accounting, non-profit financial planning, budgeting for MoPoTsyo’s human resources, Administration and IT that support MoPoTsyo’s programs: the Peer Educator Networks for Diabetes and Hypertension. These are operations that MoPoTsyo’s Program Department plans and organizes following standardized implementation models in cooperation with its networks of more than 200 volunteers, local health authorities, counterparts, public hospitals and health centers.
A. Policy Enforcement and Formation
- Maintain the internal control and effective and efficient accounting system and policies and adapt to new regulations as they come into force.
- Enforce proper accounting methods and principles
- Plan the related financing and make regular adjustments of the planning.
- Supervise and provide guidance to Finance Department staff to ensure compliance, accuracy and improvements
- Communicate with staff from other departments to ensure compliance, accuracy and discuss improvements
- Develop and improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
B. Documentation, Reporting and forecast planning
- Coordinate, consolidate and monitor annual budget in line with strategic plan
- Perform cash flow forecasting, budgeting and work closely with the programme team and Executive Director in analyzing margins, variances and cost analysis when presenting quarterly and annual forecast planning.
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the Finance department including:
- accounting documents & data entry
- cash receipts and payments
- accounts payable/receivable
- general ledger and trial balance
- Timely and accurate month-end and year-end closing process including bank account statement reconciliations, receivables report, advance monitoring, and any necessary adjustments
- Fulfill report submission requirement to related regulators or institutions on timely manner
- Ensure that MoPoTsyo complies with all its financial legal and contractual obligations.
- Fulfill tax requirements, file tax returns and –payments on time.
- Monitor and analyse accounting data and produce financial reports timely and accurately.
- Analyse Revenue and expenditure variance regularly to adjust future organizational planning.
- Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions in accordance with regulations including MoPoTsyo’s internal policies for archiving and electronic backups.
- Meet financial accounting objectives
- Coordinate with auditor to ensure smooth running of annual audits
THE REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION:
- Education: The Head of Finance must have a Master Degree in Finance or Accounting. The equivalent of the same in practical experience is also acceptable. Holding further finance qualifications such as ACCA is preferable.
- Experience:A candidate for this position must have had at least 5 years of working experience in a leading accounting position and having been involved in financial planning. He/she must have significant, successful, and proven experience leading a finance or accounting department. He/she must have some experience with audits (internal-external).
- Communication Skills: The Head of Finance must further have good communication skills not only verbally but also through use of social media. Head of Finance must have a good ability to read and understand written English (ability to speak English is less a priority for this position) but good English writing is a definitely a pre.
- Ms Office/Software:The Head of Finance must possess excellent computer skills and be highly proficient in Ms Excel, Ms Office, and PowerPoint, which will be necessary in the creation of financial reports and recommendations. The Head of Finance must be proficient in the use of financial software QuickBooks.
- Other Skills: The Head of Finance has a keen eye for detail, works comfortably in a highly collaborative setting, has an ability to manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines, has a confident and outgoing personality, works comfortably with senior business management, has an ability to operate comfortably in a fast-paced and fast-evolving environment, has strong business acumen, is very analytical and procedural, is highly organized, is a self-starter and proactive requiring minimal supervision, and demonstrates an ability to remain calm and composed during times of stress and uncertainty, inspiring the same in his team.
- Leadership/People Skills:The Head of Finance must demonstrate excellent leadership skills, having an ability to influence and lead a cross-functional team as well as senior business leadership. He/she must additionally be a people person who forms strong bonds with other people and who inspires trust and confidence in both his peers, senior, and external partners, enabling the smooth execution of his duties.
The salary range is negotiable, (the range starting upward from USD1,000 per month) and negotiable depending on qualifications. The salaries in MoPoTsyo are paid out in Riels. If you are interested in this position, qualify for the requirements and you want a more detailed Terms of Reference, please send your C.V. not later than 27 September by email to Mr Maurits van Pelt at email@example.com.
please download the application form here.