Vacancy for Laboratory Technician
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
Background: MoPoTsyo Patient Information Centre is a registered Cambodian NGO helping patients with diabetes and/or hypertension learn how to self-manage their chronic disease and prevent complications through Peer Educator Networks in 8 provinces and 20 operational districts. Peer Educators are diabetes patients who have been trained in disease-self-management and who share their skills with other patients in their communities. These networks serve around 18,000 active patients who use the medical services. Most of these services are organized inside the public service facilities. MoPoTsyo works closely with the Ministry of Health. MoPoTsyo’s laboratory services are an important component of the chronic care system, together with medical consultations, the revolving drug fund and follow-up. We cooperate with other not-for-profit partners, such MSF France for Hepatitis C screening and academic institutions for research.
Location: MoPoTsyo operates its biochemistry laboratory in its HQ building in Phnom Penh.
Salary: The monthly salary will be the equivalent of USD300 paid in Riels, including taxes.
Laboratory Team: The laboratory team consists of 3 full time and 1 part time qualified lab technicians. Our laboratory produces +/- 6000 profiles annually for our registered members. We are planning to expand our program both in urban and in the provinces. We are looking for a candidate who meets our requirements:
- Holding Bachelor or Associate degree in laboratory
- Be able to work with flexible schedule
- Ability to work with team and to work under little supervision
- Ability to work with people with little knowledge
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Proficiency in English
- Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply
- To collect sample (blood and urine) as scheduled
- To perform calibration and QC according to standard operating procedures
- To perform the tests for members carefully and accurately as per SOP.
- To train peers from the provinces for sample collection activity when needed
- To prepare sample collection kit for sample collection activities in the provinces
- To check, print, sign and stamp on the results of the members
- To request reagents from the stock and store them in the laboratory stock for daily consumption
- To make monthly reagent and test report at the end of each month
- To make weekly and monthly maintenance of all analyzers
- To record room temperature and temperature of the fridge storing the reagent regularly
- To report any non-conformity to the manager
- Other duties as assigned by Manager
Deadline for application: Interested candidates must fill the application form (click to download) and submit it signed before 21 July 2019 by sending it by email to email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org