Vacancy: Full Time Program Officer
Directly Accountable to: Program manager
Remuneration: Starting salary(cross-salary) will be set in the range of 1,200,000 KHR to USD 1,400,000 KHR per month;
Background: Cambodian NGO MoPoTsyo Patient Information Centre is reaching more and more diabetes and high blood pressure patients, expanding its services in public hospitals and health centers through our peer educator networks in 20 districts in 8 provinces in Cambodia. More than 200 peer educators report via local managers to MoPoTsyo on their activities and order supplies from our stocks located at our HQ. These supply orders have to be packed, paid and cleared with our administration before they are sent to the provinces.
Description of Vacant Position:
The Program Officer (PO) is a member of the Program Department team at MoPoTsyo’s office in Phnom Penh. The PO is working directly with OD counterparts, OD peer managers (ODPMs), and peers. The PO helps the Program Office to manage and support the overall program implementing and administrative tasks for responsible Operation Districts (ODs). The PO also assists in organizing the peer educator services at health centers as required, for instance, to assist in the preparation of quarterly schedules for medical consultation sessions and materials in the provinces, and others tasks assigned by program manager in case of need.
To be successful in this role, applicant should be familiar with use of computer, email and social media, be able to perform administrative tasks accurately, following standard office management procedures. The applicant must have good communication skills to interact with peer educators who work in the community and with colleagues working in other departments of MoPoTsyo. The applicant should be able to travel to the province and remote operation district and stay overnight. The applicant should have general knowledge of health system, public health services in Cambodia.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Supervise directly OD peer managers and peers in assigned OD’s.
- Involve OD Counterparts in supervision of the peer educator networks in the ODs
- Conduct field visits to every OD and Attend the Pro-TWGH meeting with ability to do presentation
- Involve in design monthly, quarterly, and annually activity plans
- Supervise the preparation and implementation of peer program’s weekly activities, the monthly reports, quarterly planning
- Promote good working relationships between ODPM and OD Counterpart
- Check the database information with the reality and report to HQ on the difference found with standard report every month
- Keep peer’s monthly report from every OD in charge.
- Provide ICT support to OD peer managers and peers
- Solve the problems related to peer service payment’s document such as WING account, NSSF’s and Insurance’s etc.
- Administration and planning of consultation schedules with program admin and health facilities
- Keep up to date the information list of peer educator and inform of any changes.
- Answer and re-direct phone calls
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, and forms
Program Officer: Selection Criteria Requirements
- Graduated bachelor’s degree in social science, public health or related fields
- Experience in program management or related experience to program implementation
- Sound administrative skills, including abilities with database, spreadsheet, word-processing and PowerPoint software packages
- Sound organizational skills including the ability to take initiative, be flexible in work practices, set priorities, meet deadline and achieve objective.
- Able to communicate well in spoken and written English
- Good understanding of and experience in working as a team
- Proven maturity of judgment, problem-solving capability, and counselling skill
- Understanding and commitment to MoPoTsyo’s vision, values.
- Nurture positive relationships with suppliers and provide customer service as needed
- Good interpersonal skills to work with management and staff at all levels
- Able to work with elder people/low educated people
- Females and persons with Diabetes or other Non-communicable Chronic Disease are encouraged to apply
The application form is available on our website: download
The deadline for sending your filled, signed application form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com is 14th February 2020. For more details, please contact 017 889 498, 096 8034036. The application form is available on the website: https://www.mopotsyo.org