Announcement of vacancy for: Stock manager
Function Title: Stock manager (Full Time 40 hours: Monday to Friday)
Place of Work: Stock Unit at MoPoTsyo Head Office, Phnom Penh
Accountable to: Admin and Finance for administrative matters, to Unit Manager and Department Managers for quality and for timely supply.
Remuneration: Salary will be negotiated based on experience, and submit your expected salary with your CV.
Background: Since 2005, Cambodian NGO, MoPoTsyo Patient Information Centre is reaching more and more diabetes and high blood pressure patients with services in public hospitals, health centers and communities through Peer Educator Networks: More than 200 trained diabetes patients in 26 operational districts in 12 provinces are volunteering as Peer Educators. They help facilitate the services being used by more than 25,000 patients with Diabetes and Hypertension who are members of MoPoTsyo and finance the Revolving Drug Fund, that helps them get access to their daily medication, close to where they live. The supplies and medicines that are needed in those areas pass through the stock unit of MoPoTsyo. For more background, see www.mopotsyo.org
Place in the organization: Heading the Stock Unit, which is under the Finance & Administration Department.
Objective: To make sure that the medicines and other items pass through MoPoTsyo’s stock safely and efficiently and get distributed according to MoPoTsyo’s standard operating procedures.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- To ensure workplace health and safety requirements are met and take responsibility for Security of the building and stock.
- Oversee the safe receipt, storage, retrieval and timely dispatch of medicine and other goods.
- To plan the arrangement of medicine and other goods within the warehouse and organize according to special requirements for specific items, such as cold storage medicine or fragile products.
- To oversee the warehouse team that is picking, packing, and doing distribution activity.
- To avoid both over-stocking and under-stocking of inventory.
- To maintain accurate inventory records including loss through damages and expiry date.
- To ensure the quality of goods through implementing SOPs on good storage practices, in particular temperature.
- To report accurately and on time. To prevent supply rupture at contracted pharmacies of routine medication.
- To ensure the SOP and GSP are implemented correctly.
- Help improve an inventory tracking system to optimize inventory control procedures.
- Examine the levels of supplies and material to determine possible future shortages.
- Perform monthly analysis to predict potential inventory problems and alert Department Heads.
- Prepare Orders for re-supply.
- Help Analyze quotes from different suppliers.
- Ensure accurate records remain accessible for supervisors.
- Assists with training of new inventory /Stock employees.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ensure that requested items such as medicine, non-medical supplier and other materials are prepared and supplied to OD timely.
- Examine and inspect all items for defects or expired and report any damage to appropriate department.
- Timely prepare request and purchase for all items before shortage occurs.
- Keep the originals of delivery notes from items delivered and items going in and out.
- Setting up new item list in software as required.
- Count and record returned medicine from pharmacies to stock.
- Other tasks requested by Directors and Head of finance and Admin.
- Freshly graduated in Business Management and Administrative or relevant major are welcome.
- Experience in stock management at least 2years
- Good knowledge of using computer (MS Word, Excel)
- Being an honest, respectable, flexible, and adaptable person.
- Can work well with people who have little formal education.
- Willingness and able to travel about once per month to a province to visit a contracted pharmacy.
- Able to analyze problems and come up with ideas for solutions.
- Nurture positive relationships with suppliers and provide customer service as needed.
- Good interpersonal skills to work with management and staff at all levels.
Additional: Persons with Diabetes or other Non-Communicable Chronic disease and women are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: for sending your filled, signed application form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com deadline is 20 May 2023/17:00. The application form can be downloaded from the website: https://www.mopotsyo.org.