Stock Assistant (Male)
Background: NGO MoPoTsyo Patient Information Centre is reaching more and more diabetes and high blood pressure patients, expanding its services in public hospitals and health centers through our peer educator networks in 20 districts in 8 provinces in Cambodia. More than 200 peer educators report via local managers to MoPoTsyo on their activities and order supplies from our stocks located at our HQ. These supply orders have to be packed, paid and cleared with our administration before they are sent to the provinces.
Vacancy: Full Time Stock Assistant
Accountable to: Stock Manager
Remuneration: Starting from + /- 800,000 Riel monthly and excluding benefits.
Description of Position: The stock assistant is a member of the team in Revolving Drug Fund Department (RDF) at MoPoTsyo’s headquarter in Phnom Penh. The Stock Assistant helps the Stock Manager to handle the in- and outflow of supplies with a variety of practical and administrative tasks. The stock assistant is also involved in purchasing to maintain adequate stock levels, and in dispatching of supplies that have been ordered, paid and cleared. To be successful in this role, you should be familiar with supply chain procedures and have good communication skills to interact with vendors, clients, transporters and colleagues from other departments.
Examples of tasks and responsibilities:
- Ensure stock timely purchasing, shipping confirmations, and manage inventory balances.
- Enter shipping and inventory data in computer system
- Help to manage purchasing orders for incoming equipment, services, and supplies
- Verify receipts and check procurement contents and if orders are complete
- Help unload inventory from shipment delivery trucks
- Oversee storage of products, including cold items, and fragile items
- Keep track of inventory and supplies that need restocking
- Track and ensure deliveries are received
- Report on damaged inventory
- Keep updated inventory records (including daily shipments)
- Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data
- Answer and re-direct phone calls
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, and forms
- Assist in the preparation of regular standard reports
- Use filing system correctly
- Send medicines, items for consultation, and laboratory test results to provinces
- Collect documents from provinces.
Stock Controller Requirements and Qualifications
- High school degree or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree in Management or Business Administration or related field a plus
- Two (1 or 2) years’ experience as stock control or Administrative assistant or related position
- Can use computer, including Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Email and Excel)
- Physically able to stand, sit, move, squat, walk, and climb during the course of the shift
- Physically able to lift up carton boxes move these from shelves and onto shelves
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Khmer, being able to read English
- Able and willing to work, weekends, extended hours, and holidays
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
- Accurate and precise with attention to detail
- Able to analyze problems and come up with ideas for solutions
- Nurture positive relationships with suppliers and provide customer service as needed
- Good interpersonal skills to work with management and staff at all levels
- Person with Diabetes or other Non-Communicable Chronic disease is encouraged to apply
The deadline for application on 4:00PM, Monday 22th April 2019.