Announcement of vacancy for: Training Unit Assistant
Function Title: Training Unit Assistant (Full Time 40 hours: Monday to Friday)
Place of Work: Program department at MoPoTsyo Head Office, Phnom Penh
Directly Accountable to: Program Manager
Remuneration: Salary will be negotiated based on your level of education and your work experience. Please, do not forget to fill your expected salary in the application form and submit this together with your CV.
Background: Since 2005, Cambodian NGO, MoPoTsyo Patient Information Centre is reaching more and more diabetes and high blood pressure patients ( around 30,000 in 2023) with public chronic care services in public hospitals, health centers and communities through Peer Educator Networks: More than 200 trained diabetes patients in 28 Operational health Districts (OD’s) in 12 provinces are volunteering as Peer Educators that facilitate a public primary chronic care system of good quality but at affordable prices. MoPoTsyo is the NGO training these Peer Educators on how to self-manage their chronic condition (diabetes, high blood pressure) and also training them how they can help other patients in their community to self-manage their chronic condition successfully. In addition, PE’s are also trained on how to help others use the public primary health care system in their own area, that is where the NGO is strengthening it and supporting it with (non)medical supplies, with cost-reimbursements, and with trainings. For more background, see the website of MoPoTsyo at https://www.mopotsyo.org
Place in the organization: In the Training Unit, which is under the Program Department.
Objective: Training Unit Assistant assist the Training Unit Coordinator in recruited new PE’s candidate, providing 5-week trainings of candidate diabetes patients to become Peer Educator and in coordinating Refresher Trainings of Medical Doctors with other institutions and conduct awareness raising at the commune levels.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist Training Unit Coordinator in planning, budget and organizing the training for selected peer educators.
- Assist in planning, budget and coordinating refresher trainings of medical doctors.
- Assist in conducting outreach activities to select new peers educator at communities.
- Assist in conducting outreach awareness raising on primary prevention activities such as education on hypertension and diabetic at communes level.
- Directly supervise OD Peer Managers and Peer Educators in assigned OD’s.
- Conduct field visits to every OD and attend the Pro-TWGH meetings and give presentations.
- Involve in the design of monthly, quarterly, and annual activity plans.
- Assist in supervise the preparation and implementation of peer program’s weekly activities, the monthly reports, quarterly planning.
- Promote good working relationships between ODPM and OD Counterpart.
- Check the database information with the reality and report to HQ on the difference found with standard report every month.
- Keep peer’s monthly report from every assigned OD .
- Provide computer/smart phone support to OD peer managers and peer educators.
- Other tasks assign by supervisor and program manager.
Training Unit Assistant: Selection Criteria Requirements
- Graduated Associate Nursing degree in health science or related fields.
- Some experience in health promotion.
- Interest in Diabetes mellitus and Hypertension diseases.
- Sound administrative skills, including abilities to work with computer, use Ms. Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software packages.
- Sound organizational skills including the ability to take initiative, be flexible in work practices, set priorities, meet deadline and achieve objective.
- Experience in working as a team.
- Problem-solving capability, and counselling skill.
- Understanding and commitment to MoPoTsyo’s vision, values.
- Nurture positive relationships with suppliers and provide customer service as needed.
- Good interpersonal skills to work with management and staff at all levels.
- Able to travel to go on short missions to visit communities..
- Able to work with elder people/low educated people.
- Person with Diabetes or other Non-Communicable Chronic disease is encouraged to apply
Deadline: for sending your filled, signed application form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com deadline is 29 February 2024/17:00. Please download the application form here.